Click here for PDF - or see below
And here are a few updates, tips, and reminders:
* If you have a laptop or tablet, please plan to bring it to Leadership Day!
* Advance registration extended! The deadline to register for advance for just $30 has been extended until Thursday, January 23 at 11:59pm. (Advance registration checks should be mailed, as outlined below.)
* Event registration closes on January 30. For those who register from Friday, January 24 through Thursday, January 30, the fee will be $35, payable via check on site. (Please do not mail checks after January 24.)
* 8:30-9:00am Arrive / Check-in
* 9:00-10:15am Transforming the Dream Into Reality – Renee Porzel
What does it mean to be a leader in your chorus, quartet or Region? How can we turn our passion and commitment into positive results? Expand your ability to delegate tasks, and help those around you sparkle and shine!
* 10:15am 15-minute break
* 10:30-11:45am When In Doubt, Leave It Out – Renee Porzel
Become a stronger communicator by answering chorus emails with clarity, brevity and thoughtful honesty! We will read emails from members, write our answers and share them with each other! Bring a laptop or tablet and get ready to laugh and learn!
* 11:45am-1:00pm Mix & Mingle Lunch (lunch is included)
Directors will meet together in a separate room at lunchtime.
*** From 1:00pm to 3:15pm – Classes follow two tracks: Administrative Leaders & Musical Leaders ***
* 1:00-2:00pm with Renee – Making Social Media Work for Us!
Do you have a presence on social media platforms and how is your chorus coming across? Let’s talk about WHAT to post, WHEN to post and WHY you should post!
2:15-3:15pm Classes with Regional Faculty
*Effective Communication – Vicki Tisch
*Fundraising Roundtable – Beth Fulton & Phyllis Capolongo
*Membership & Marketing: Perfect Together – Melissa Prew & Lori Britt Horvath
1:00-2:00pm Classes with Regional Faculty
*Directors Meeting – Harriette Walters
*Arranging Program: An Overview – Jeanne Elmuccio
*Music Selection Guidance – Carolyn Schmidt
*Train the Trainer PVI Program – Katie Blackwood
* 2:15-3:15pm with Renee – Setting Reasonable Expectations and Helping Members Meet Them!
Develop an evaluation process that will help get members ON the stage! Set clear guidelines and create a chorus culture that supports good singing and performing throughout the year!
***We all reconvene at 3:15pm for a final session with Renee***
* 3:15-4:00pm What does CPR (Choosing Personal Responsibility) Really Mean? – Renee Porzel
It’s vital for leaders to empower those around them to make good choices and get the most out of their membership. CPR will elevate your members AND your music!
The region has secured a rate of $119 per night at Hampton Inn Paramus.
Group Name: Sweet Adelines Region 15