Thank you to everyone who was able to attend VocalFest 2023! Our gratitude goes out to all those who made this day possible: Our Guest Faculty, the incomparable Britt-Heléne Bonnedahl; our Region 15 Faculty; Education Coordinator, Jean Schoenlank; Event Coordinator, Gretchen Danby; and the Regional Management Team.
How'd it go?
We hope you had an amazing weekend and that you're as flabberjacked* as we are!
Please take a moment to fill out an Evaluation Form. Your feedback will help us better serve you!
(For best visibility of content, we suggest completing the poll via laptop/desktop vs. mobile.)
* IFKYK / You had to be there
Final Class Schedule now available!
Advance Registration is closed – but see below for on-site option!
* NEW 8/31: Prepare for a Healthy & Harmonious VocalFest – click to jump to details below (shared in all-member email 8/31)
See below for full details
Region 15 VocalFest 2023
WHEN: Friday, September 8 to Sunday, September 10
WHERE: Parsippany, New Jersey
With Special Guest Faculty: Britt-Heléne Bonnedahl
The complete event schedule is now available, and registration is open!
Below you will find everything you need to know about Region 15 VocalFest!
Click to jump down to each section:
EVENT SCHEDULE – with class descriptions
REGISTRATION – Advance registration is closed (Classes Only package can be purchased on-site!)
HOUSING – Booking deadline: August 18
MEALS – Menus for all event meals [Including NEW Saturday Buffet Lunch option!]
MUSIC – Prep for our many opportunities to SING TOGETHER!
(As shared in the all-member email on 8/31/2023)
We have gotten some questions about COVID protocols for VocalFest and wanted to clarify that we have no mandated requirements. That being said, we are committed to the health and safety of our members, and we know all of you are as well, so we do have some requests for all VocalFest attendees to follow:
While we are not requiring testing before the event, we would appreciate everyone voluntarily taking a home-test the day before traveling to Parsippany
If you test positive the day before VocalFest, or are having any COVID related symptoms, please opt out of attending
We strongly encourage you to wear a mask at VocalFest if you have been exposed to anyone with a known case of COVID or if you have flown or been at a large/crowded event in the days leading up to VocalFest
Thanks for your consideration!
Be well, and we'll see you soon.
Your Region 15 Management Team
What? Region 15 VocalFest 2023 – Our annual education weekend!
When? Friday, September 8 to Sunday, September 10
(Events kick off Fri late afternoon, and wrap up around noon on Sun)
Where? Sheraton Parsippany (199 Smith Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054)
Why? To have a fun and rewarding time, learn from our regional faculty and Special Guest Faculty Britt-Heléne Bonnedahl – and to mix and mingle in-person with wonderful and talented singers from across our region!
The schedule of events for VocalFest is now available! The weekend includes small and large group classes, VocalFest Chorus, Quartet Chorus, Novice Quartet Contest, Quartet Showcase, Saturday Night Show & Celebration of International Competitors, and more!
Click here to view the complete schedule, including class descriptions. (Updated 8.22.23)
There will be many opportunities to SING TOGETHER at VocalFest!
Jump down to the MUSIC section for details!
Advance registration is now closed.
If you did not already register, but would like to join us — you are in luck...
Registration for classes only will be available for purchase on-site in Parsippany.
[Package C — Event Registration Only (classes only / no meals) — $90]
* Register by August 25
* Registrations are transferrable, but not refundable
The 2023 registration packages are:
A — Event Registration, Saturday Dinner, Saturday Show, and Sunday Breakfast — $170
B — Event Registration, Saturday Dinner, and Saturday Show (no breakfast) — $155
C — Event Registration ONLY (classes only / no meals) — $90
D — Saturday Dinner, Saturday Show (no classes) — $90
Region 15 Chorus Members will register through their chapter. (One representative from each Chorus will collect registration info and funds from members, and will submit one group registration form and one group payment via chorus check to the region.)
See “Attachments” section at the bottom of this page for:
- Group Registration Form – includes packages and contacts to email form and mail check
- Registration Instructions page
- SAI Photo Waiver (see below)
All Others** will register individually.
(**Region 15 Chapter-at-large, SAI Member-at-large, SAI members from other regions, non-SAI members)
- Click here for Individual Registration Google Form – includes package options
- Click here to use PayPal for Individual Payment
PayPal account not required! After you choose your package, you will have the option to submit payment securely via PayPal (top button) OR via a Debit or Credit Card (bottom button).
- See “Attachments” section at the bottom of this page for the SAI Photo Waiver (see below)
All attendees will be required to sign an SAI Photo Waiver. Signed waivers will be turned in on-site at the Registration Desk. (Chorus contacts to turn in waivers for all attending members. Individual registrants to turn in their own form.)
See “Attachments” section at the bottom of this page to access the waiver document.
Update 9/7: The Sheraton has advised that there is no late checkout available. No exceptions.
Hotel Booking Open Now! [Book by August 18]
For All Attendees
VocalFest will take place at the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
(199 Smith Road Parsippany, New Jersey 07054)
* Everyone is responsible for booking their own hotel rooms directly through the hotel.
* Book by August 18, 2023
* VocalFest rate is $144/night plus applicable taxes/fees
* Hotel cancellation policy applies
* NEW! Saturday Lunch Buffet (Available for purchase on-site for $20 plus tax)
* Saturday Directors & Team Coordinators Lunches (included or frontline directors and TC/Presidents)
* Saturday Dinner Buffet (included in registration packages A, B, and D)
* Sunday Breakfast Buffet (included in registration package A)
See “Attachments” section at the bottom of this page for Meal Menus
There will be many opportunities to SING TOGETHER at VocalFest!
VocalFest Chorus – Open to all members of Region 15
NEW: For Once in My Life
Quartet Chorus – Open to members of Region 15 registered quartets and the Blue Notes
As Long As I’m Singing
Regional Songs – These will be sung during transitional moments throughout the weekend – and are great for informal social quartetting opportunities!
NEW: Come on and SING! (new all-SAI song)
How We Sang Today
That’s What Friends Are For
Regional Tags – For Tag sessions with Stephanie Ofshinsky – and informal tagging opportunities!
See Region 15 Tag Library
Charts and tracks are available to all members of Region 15 via the Regional Music area of the Members Only Region 15 website (login required).
Direct URLs for links included above, in case the hyperlinks do not work:
- Region 15 VocalFest Event Page: https://sairegion15.org/VocalFest
- Sheraton Parsippany Booking Link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1689792925338&key=GRP&app=resvlink
- Individual Registration Google Form: https://forms.gle/FEtLWdoehr4xegBi6
- PayPal Individual Payment Link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=Q2S64VC2RUUXC
* Retired Master Director 700 Rönninge Show Chorus, Rönninge, Sweden
* Certified NLP-Practitioner [Neuro-Linguistic Programming]
* Certified Mental Trainer, with specialty in voice and language as a speech therapist
* Master Faculty Member, coach and vocal teacher specializing in teaching voice, mindset, directing leadership and communication