Thank you for your interest in the Region 15 Virtual Chorus project which we previewed at Virtual VocalFest 2020. This page contains everything you need to prepare and participate!
Important details and instructions follow but, ultimately, you will just need to submit three things: REGISTRATION FORM + PARTICIPATION FEE + RECORDING!
Scroll down for all details. Or click to jump down to a specific section:
* We invite all members of Region 15 to join us in this special project!
* Use the Registration Form below to let us know you plan to participate.
* The cost to participate is $20 per submission. (Fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable)
* You may submit multiple part recordings. (You will just need to register and pay $20 for each)
* Please use the PayPal link below to submit your participation fees. (You do not need to have a PayPal account to remit funds this way. You can choose to pay with a debit or credit card.)
* Recordings due by January 8. >> DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, JANUARY 22!
Please review everything carefully and completely!
* Virtual Chorus Instructions (from the producer): Click here
The producer's instruction sheet includes the link you will need to submit your video file. (It will open a Google form that will walk you through the steps.)
* Additional Instructions (from Region 15): Click here
* Director Video: Click Here
In this video, Harriette Walters (Greater Nassau Chorus, Master Director 700) directs our regional song “That's What Friends Are For.” Virtual Chorus participants must record against this video, to keep us all in key and in time!
* Sheet Music and Learning Tracks: Available in Regional Music library
For those who may want to refresh (or who need to learn) “That’s What Friends Are For” – the chart and tracks are available on the Members Only area of regional website. Once you log in, choose Regional Music from the lefthand menu, and you will find the piece under Regional Songs. (If you have any trouble signing into the site, you can contact Vicki Tisch, Region 15 Communications Coordinator, [email protected].)
* If you would like to submit more than one voice part recording, please submit additional registration submissions (one per part).
* You will have the option to submit via PayPal (top button), or via Debit or Credit Card (bottom button).
* If you choose to submit recordings for multiple parts, please submit $20 for each.
(We have an Angel Fund to cover the cost for anyone who needs it. If this applies to you, please choose that option on your registration.)